Sunday, October 7, 2007

I miss my dad. There, I said it. That son of a bitch died six years ago to this very day. His name was Patrick Dundee. He was was forty-six years old. He was a CPA. A historian. A writer. A loving husband. A fighter. I was his boy. He loved me more than his own life. He told me this almost every night up until the day he died. He died in his home, in his favorite chair. This was what he wanted. My mother and sister and I never moved him. We held his wake right there in our living room. This was a typical Irish thing to do. All of my family came to pay their respects. We cried. We laughed. We drank. I took two hits of ecstasy. I couldn't deal with the pain. The sadness overtook me.
Over the past six years I've been fuckin shit up. I drink. Heavily. I've struggled with drugs. I lost many friends because of this. I can't carry a relationship. I was kicked out of St. Peter's College. My dad graduated from this school, by the way. I was recently told that my father would puke if he saw what his son has become. Maybe he would. I don't know. I just don't know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

obviously you miss your dad so much.. but you must move on with your life... we all go thru depression when we lose someone we love.. but that won't make them happy if we ruin our lives.. you still have time to fix your life... and im pretty sure your dad will be proud of you ^^

G's blog said...

Hey, sometimes we all fuck up. Don't let people tell you things that are going to bring you down. I'm the same age as you and i'm kinda fucked to. Sometimes it takes mistakes and tragedies to better ourselves... don't you live in union? I think we went to union high 2gether.Union isnt that big so i'm, not to far if you ever need someone to talk to. or even to just kick back smoke suttin, lol and play your guitar. i'm not that bad!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

We all fuck up and some people can and will admit it while others wont. I can say I have and once I was ready to move on I did.

Write Every Day_Amanda said...

i am so sorry.. i know how it is my mom died october 14th 2 years ago .. i was extremely close with her and she was like my best friend .. i know you dont even know me and all and you probably hear this a lot but if you ever need someone to talk to you could always talk to me

Unknown said...

no, he really is a fuck up! i know first hand! can't carry a relationship is absolutely correct. he's selfish and doesn't know what it means to live!