Saturday, September 29, 2007

I hate jocks. I developed this hatred in my junior year of high school. Those fucks thought they were so smooth. They got all the girls. They never seemed to have a problem with schoolwork.
They seemed to pass through life as if life itselsf were some devine gift.
I remember being the skinny, little fuck. I wanted to be a part of what was happening. I wanted to be the life of the party. I wanted to be the star quarterback getting blown by the hottest cheerleader in the locker room before the big game against Hudson.
Now, I was an athlete in high school as well. I played lacrosse and ice hockey. I made the varsity team in both sports when I was a freshman. I was good. I knew how to play the games. However, I never managed to make it into the limelight.
One night lying in bed, I came to the conclusion that none of these dreams of athletic glory and sexual perks that would inevitably follow would ever come true for me. I was sixteen years old.
The very next day I awoke refreshed, reborn. I went to class. I paid attention. I studied hard and I played hard. A few chicks even came my way during the last two years of school.
I never did wind up being the star and none of the girls that gave me the time a day were named prom queen. I didn't give a fuck. I still don't.

No comments: